Foreign students’ lexicological competence in the system of Ukrainian language teaching
The paper theoretically substantiates the concept of «lexicological competence». It has been determined that lexicological competence is individual’s ability on the basis of lexical knowledge-and receptive and reproductive lexical skills to identify orally and issue correctly his own statement, taking into consideration peculiarities of lexicon, communicative situation, and speech styles, and to support the functioning of those skills at the required level and to exercise constant self-control lexical design their own broadcast. The model of lexicological competence that includes lexical knowledge, abilities, skills, general linguistic awareness or student’s ability to use them in all kinds of speech activity, and his personal qualities is proposed.
2. Common European framework of references for languages: learning, teaching, assessment (2004) Council of Europe. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
3. Azimov Je. G. (2009) Novyj slovar’ metodicheskih terminov i ponjatij (teorija i praktika obuchenija jazyka) [A new dictionary of methods terms and concepts (language teaching theory and practice)]. M. : IKAR, 448 (rus).
4. Bronskaja V. S. (2012) Teoreticheskie osnovy formirovanija leksicheskoj kompetencii u shkol’nikov [Theoratical basis of lexical competence formation in pupils]. Izvestia of PGPU imeni V. G. Belinskogo, 28, 705–706 (rus).
5. Kalish V. (2012) Formuvannya leksy`kologichnoyi kompetentnosti majbutnix uchy`teliv-slovesny`kiv u procesi vy`vchennya morfologichny`x yavy`shh [Formation of future language teachers’ lexicological competence in the process of morphology studing]. Problemy` pidgotovky` suchasnogo vchy`telya, 6.1, 191–197 (ukr).
6. Martynova R. Yu. (2007). Cilisna zagal`nody`dakty`chna model` zmistu navchannya inozemny`x mov [The integrated general didactic model of content of foreign language learning : extended abstract of candidate’s thesis]. Kyiv, 44 (ukr).
7. Penty`lyuk M. I. (2010) Metody`ka navchannya ukrayins`koyi movy` v serednix navchal`ny`x zakladax u tably`cyax i sxemax : navch. posib [Methods of Ukrainian languge teaching at comprehensive educational establishments in tables and schemes]. K. : Lenvit, 136 (ukr).
8. Shamov A. N. (2007) Leksicheskie navyki ustnoj rechi i chtenija – osnova semanticheskoj kompetencii obuchaemyh [Speaking and reading lexical skills – basis of student’s semantic competence]. Inostrannye jazyki v shkole, 4, 19–25 (rus).
9. Shatilov S. F. (1986) Metodika obuchenija nemeckomu jazyku v srednej shkole [Methods of German language teaching at comprehensive school]. M. : Prosveshhenie, 223 (rus).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.