From the epistolary work of Vira Vovk
To comprehend the historical path of domestic literature, its specificity and all the richness of manifestations and potential possibilities of studying the epistolary of Ukrainian writing, it is of paramount importance as a personal testimony, «from the middle», least subject to dictate situations, free from censorship, not only external but also internal M. Kotsyubynska).
An important place in the epistolary works of writers of the twentieth century takes private correspondence of Vira Vovk (Selianska) as something completely original and unique. These correspondences impress with the sophistication of form, the polyphony of moral and aesthetic evaluations, the enormous authorial erudition and the originality of coverage of the problems of human being. Her letters, as a witness to past events, make it possible to touch on historical reality, to understand it much more deeply.
The article analyzes the private correspondence of Vira Vovk (Selianska), comprehends the trends in their evolution, notes that the correspondence of Vira Vovk has an artistic and aesthetic value, since they reflected the individuality and originality of the creative person, it is emphasized that in many cases the form and content of letters writers are determined by the circle of interests and requests of the addressee, it is proved that different facets of the personality of the author of the letter emerge in his epistolary dialogues with interlocutors «at a distance», proposed prospects for further study of the poet letters.
2. Kotsiubynska M. Metamorfozy Viry Vovk. Poeziia. Kyiv, 2000. S.5-12 [in Ukrainian].
3. Ne vidliubyv svoiu tryvohu ranniu... Vasyl Stus. Poet i liudyna: spohady, statti, lysty, poezii. Uporiad. O.Orach (Komar). Kyiv, 1993. 107 s [in Ukrainian].
4. Rubchak B. Poeziia pohidnoho patosu. Ukrainska literaturna hazeta. 1957. Ch. 2. (liutyi) [in Ukrainian].
5. Solovii Yu. Vira Vovk. Metamorfozy dvokh paralelnykh monolohiv. TsDAMLM Ukrainy. F. 1212, op.1, spr. 359 [in Ukrainian].
6. Tsentralnyi derzhavnyi arkhiv-muzei literatury i mystetstva Ukrainy. F. 1212, op. 1, spr. 124 [in Ukrainian].