Semantic and cognitive features of surnames of Luhansk region’s inhabitants
The article is devoted to the surnames of Luhansk region’s inhabitants in Ukraine. The author makes an analysis of anthroponomens within lexicosemantic groups and reveals the reasons for nominative units’ origin and their type. The study of the surname sin the historical and cultural-ethnic aspect made it possible to deepen and extend the semantic aspect of the study of the onomastic composition of the language, and made possible to analyse the individual semantic groups of surnames; to identify the sphere of linguistic reflection of the world in which are clearly manifested
The theoretical and practical aspects of semantic interpretation of surnames develop the process of mental speakers’ transmission and their storage in the linguistic treasure. It can have the possibility to show the words ability to verbalize human thinking and pass a national identity in ethnic language world and to identify the mechanisms of interaction between linguistic semantics and structural characteristics of a national verbal picture of the world.
The social nature of the surname has a linguistic interpretation, indicating the national trait, status and gender. Their learning gives the image of specificity at the level of relationship with the extralinguistic and interlinguistic factors.
In the course of the research it was found that almost all types of surnames are distributed in the territory of Luhansk region, including surnames of foreign origin but the most common surnames in the Luhansk region are those with the suffix –e (is) nko, -uk, -chuk, -ak, -an, -ov / -ova, -ev / -eva, -in / -ina.
The prospect of further research is seen in the extension of the source base and in-depth clarification of the semantics and possible geography of sublanguage.
2. Glukhovtseva К. (2015). Ethnolinguististychyi aspect vyvchennya prizvytsch zhyteliv Lugantschyny : [monographia]. [Ethnolinguistic aspect of studying the names of the inhabitants of Luhansk region]. Starobilsk: DZ «LNU imeni Tarasa Shevchenka», 150 p. [in Ukrainian].
3. Dvoriankin V. (2006). Nominatyvhi protsesy v urkainskyh shidnostepovyh govirkah: avtoref. dys… kand. philol. nauk: [Nominative Processes in Ukrainian Eastern Steppes native talking] 10.02.01; DZ «LNU imeni Tarasa Shevchenka». Luhansk, 22 p. [in Ukrainian].
4. Kavun О. (2006). Semantyko-strukturna typologia angliiskyh ta urkainskyh prisvyshch [Semantic-structural organization typology of English and Ukrainian surname]. Nauk. visnyk. Kherson. DU : KhDU, Vyp. 4. 195−205. [in Ukrainian].
5. Radtchenko V. (2016). Portrey ridnoi govirky (selo Stelmakhivka Slobozhanskaya beseda. [The portrait of native talking (Stelmakhivka village Slobozhanskaya beseda]. Materialy Vseukr. Nauk.-pr. conf. Starobilsk : (9 Nov. 2016) : DZ «LNU imeni Tarasa Shevchenka», Starobilsk . Vyp. 9. P. 148–151. [in Ukrainian].
6. RedkoYu. К. (1968). Dovidnyk Urkainskyh prisvyshch [Handbook of Ukrainian surnames], za red. І. Varchenko. Кyiv, Radyanska shkola, 257 p. [in Ukrainian].
7. Slovnyk prizvytsch zhyteliv Lugantschyny: u 2 t. (2011). [Dictionary of the names of the inhabitants of Lugansk region] / za red. prof. Glukhovtsevoi К. D. Luhansk: DZ «LNU imeni Tarasa Shevchenka», 364 p. [in Ukrainian].
8. Urkainska onomastyka. Bibliographichnyi pokaznyk (2013). [Ukrainian Onomastics. Bibliographic index] / Vidp red. О. V. Verbych. Кyiv, ТОV «КММ», 364 p. [in Ukrainian].