The commonality of motives in the poem “Princess” and the story “Princess” by T. Shevchenko
The article is devoted to the analysis of means of artistic realization of the motive for the destruction of family ties in the poem “ Princess” and the story “Princess” by T. Shevchenko. The common and distinctive features in the development of the artistic world of works are determined; a comparative analysis of the means by which this motive is realized is carried out. In the artistic model of the poem “ Princess” the following levels of its implementation are defined: the situation of unequal marriage without the consent of the parents, the disharmony of marital relations, the death of the princess, parental non-interference in the upbringing of his daughter, the crime of his father, the revenge of the princess. In the story, the author
changes the angle of the image: in the basis of the tragedy of the destroyed family lies the sin committed by the parents in relation to his daughter, giving her strength to marry the titled prince.
2. Dziuba I. Taras Shevchenko. Kyiv : Alternatyvy, 2005. 704 s. [in Ukrainian].
3. Ponomarenko O. Onovliuiuchy svit i dushu: Arkhetypy vohniu y vody v mifopoetytsi Tarasa Shevchenka. Ukrainska mova y literatura v serednikh shkolakh, himnaziiakh, litseiakh ta kolehiumakh. 2005. № 9– 10. S. 164–173. [in Ukrainian].
4. Shaf O. Motyv ruinatsii rodynnykh stosunkiv u poezii Tarasa Shevchenka v hendernomu rakursi. Shevchenkoznavchi studii. Vypusk 16. S. 103–109. [in Ukrainian].
5. Shevchenko T. Kniahynia. Taras Shevchenko. Zibrannia tvoriv : U 6 t. Kyiv : Naukova dumka, 2003. T. 3: Dramatychni tvory. Povisti. S. 152– 177. [in Ukrainian].
6. Shevchenko T. Kniazhna. Taras Shevchenko. Zibrannia tvoriv: U 6 t. Kyiv : Naukova dumka, 2003. T. 2: Poeziia 1847–1861. S. 24–36.