The drama O. Kolomiiets as a realization of ideological and aesthetic positions of the artist
The literary process of the second half of the 20th century. Represented by the creativity of many talented masters of the word, among which the figure is quite distinct figure of Oleksiy Kolomiiets – a significant and original playwright. His thinking is marked by expressive features of the romantic worldview and revealed new synergies of the genre and style of domestic drama, which increasingly (especially after the so-called “Khrushchev thaw”) tends to find a national identity that is traditional for our culture of themes and ideas. Therefore, much of what the life of Ukraine was filled with, the figurative embodiment of the artistic practice of the master of the word was found. The extraordinary comprehension of national and world literary tendencies was determined by the ideological, thematic and genre-thematic typology of drama of O. Kolomiiets. In addition, despite the declared commitment to official authority, his works are filled with a national core, the desire to renew the ethnic culture of Ukrainians, bringing it closer to the European model. The most recent literary discourses introduce readers to the outstanding figure of a talented, thoughtful, industrious, original the playwright, whose works were shown propensity to the theater intellectual, directed against household land tenure. In the context of the problems of the formation and development of Ukrainian drama, literary critics emphasize that O. Kolomiiets managed to grasp the most significant moments of his era, to concretise and individualize them with bright artistic images and situations. D. Vakulenko, a relative, draws attention to the fact that the awareness of the essence of life processes, interest in life problems, penetration into the social psychology of modern humans, defending high moral standards and civil status are the decisive signs of his plays.
2. Vakulenko, D. (1976). Suchasna ukrainska dramaturhiia (osnovni tendentsii rozvytku) [Contemporary Ukrainian drama (main trends of development)]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
3. Hehel, H. (1940). Povne zibrannia tvoriv [A complete collection of works]. Moskva – Leninhrad (Vol.14, 412 р) [in Ukrainian].
4. Zarudnyi, M. (1988). «Liubov’iu zasiiala pole» [The field sowed with love].
5. Kolomiiets, O. (1988) Vybrani tvory [Selected Works]. Kyiv (Vol.1, Р. 58) [in Ukrainian].
6. Kyselov, Y. (1966). Dobryi pochatok [Good start]. Kolomiiets, O. (1966) Faraony [Pharaohs]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
7. Kolomiiets, O. F. (1988) Vybrani tvory [Selected Works]. Kyiv (Vol.1, 623 р.) [in Ukrainian].
8. Lytvynska, S. (2008) Dramaturhiia Oleksiia Kolomiitsia: problematyka i poetyka [Oleksii Kolomiytsia’s Drama: Problems and Poetics]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
9. Losev, A. (1992) Ironiya antichnaya i romanticheskaya [The irony is antique and romantic]. Estetika i iskusstvo [Aesthetics and art]. Moskva [in Russian].
10. Mushketyk, Yu. (1969) Na poklyk liudskoho sertsia [At the call of the human heart]. Kolomiiets, O. (1969) Planeta spodivan [Planet of expectations]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
11. Pratsovytyi, V. (2004) Natsionalnyi kharakter v ukrainskii dramaturhii 20-kh – poch. 30-kh rokiv ХХ st. [National character in Ukrainian drama 20s – beg. 30s of the 20th century] Lviv [in Ukrainian].
12. Teoriia dramy v istorychnomu rozvytku (1985) [The drama theory in historical development]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
13. Frolov, V. (1957) Zhanryi dramaturgii [Drama genre]. Moskva [in Russian].
14. Shlapak, D. (1967) Z hlybyn zhyttia [From the depths of life]. Kolomiiets, O. (1967) Proshu slova sohodni [I ask the words today]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].