Application of the multimedia technologies in the teaching of foreign languages
The article deals with the importance and advantages of using multimedia technologies in the teaching of foreign languages, which provides the development of communicative, creative and professional competences and stimulates the need for a future specialist’s self-education. Multimedia technologies are understood as a set of visual, audio and other means of displaying information integrated in an interactive software environment. It is noted that multimedia textbooks, automated dictionaries, computer-aided translation programs, electronic lecturers, simulators, encyclopedias, etc. can be used among the multimedia technologies in the process of teaching any foreign language. It is revealed that the use of multimedia technologies makes it possible to work out all aspects of the language: phonetic, grammatical, lexical and communicative, which allows to master the language more efficiently and quickly, to acquire speech skills and abilities. The application of this type of technology gives the possibilities of improving the quality of the material’s presentation and the effectiveness of its assimilation, accelerating the pace of conducting classes, developing the skills of informational and communicative interaction and expanding the outlook of students. Using multimedia technologies the teacher receives the opportunity to use the training time as much as possible and efficiently, to invent original teaching methods, to increase the amount of educational material for its mastering and use by students, to enrich the content of the classroom and to increase the motivation of studying the English language. The article also focuses on the prospects for using these technologies in the teaching of foreign languages and defines a range of methodological problems that can be solved with their help.
2. Nisimchuk A.S., Padalka O.S., Shpak O.T. Suchasni pedahohichni tekhnolohii: Navchalnyi posibnyk. Kyiv: Vydavnychyi tsentr «Prosvita», «Knyha pamiati Ukrainy», 2000. 368 s.
3. Strelchuk L.I. Suchasni tekhnolohii u vykladanni anhliiskoi. Peredovyi pedahohichnyi dosvid [Elektronnyi resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: http://www.ukrreferat.com/index.php?referat=8135
4. Clarke-Midura, J., & Dede, C. (2010). Assessment, technology, and change. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 42, 309-328.
5. Siegle, D., & Foster, T. (2001). Laptop computers and multimedia and presentation software: Their effects on student achievement in anatomy and physiology. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 34, 29-37. https://doi.org/10.26803/ijlter.16.9.1.
6. Shemuda M. Strategies for teaching gifted students English grammar / M. Shemuda // Advanced Education : scientific journal. Kyiv : Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, Publishing House “Polytechnica”, 2018. Issue 9. P. 107-114. https://doi.org/10.20535/2410-8286.109786.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.