Developing the students’ language competence in elective courses in the process of teaching a foreign language
The author describes the developing the students’ language competence in elective courses in the process of teaching a foreign language in higher school. The essence of the concept of «language competence» is defined as knowledge of the language, which includes lexical, grammatical, phonetic and orthographic knowledge and speech skills. As to speech competence, it includes four types of communication: listening, speaking, reading and writing. So the content of language competence is the learning of the categories and speech units and their functions, the learning of the laws and rules of mastering the system and structural formations of semantic, syntax, morphological, phonological character which are necessary for understanding and speech-making, and the methodical content of the language competence is knowledge, ability and skills which are components of a kind of competence.
The article also describes the conditions aimed to form the language competence of students in elective classes in the process of teaching a foreign language, such as arrangement of positive microclimate, definition of the principles of teaching in relation to the formation of foreign language competence (the principle of communicative, the principle of the dominant role of exercises, the principle of interrelated learning of the types of speech activities, the principle of support to mother tongue, the principle of approximation), stimulation of external and internal motivation of students to the learning of a foreign language, realization of individual and communicative-activities approaches, system-sequential formation speech skills of students, application of innovative teaching technologies (game technology learning, project learning technology, case technology, technology «Essay», technology of critical thinking development, technology of cooperative learning). These conditions will help to better form the language competence of students in elective foreign language classes. Аs а result of the use of various technologies and teaching means can be improved the level of students’ language competence.
2. Viktorova L. V. Inshomovna pidhotovka studentiv VNZ: otsiniuvannia sformovanosti komunikatyvnoi kompetentnosti. Problemy suchasnoi pedahohichnoi osvity: pedahohika i psykholohiia. 2010. Vyp. 26 (ch.1). URL: http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/ portal / soc_gum / pspo / 2010_26_1 / Viktor94.pdf (data zvernennya: 29.08.2018) (ukr).
3. Kostyk Ye. V. Formuvannia komunikatyvnoi kompetentnosti studentiv u protsesi vyvchennia inozemnoi movy. Humanitarnyi visnyk DVNZ «Pereiaslav-Khmelnytskyi derzhavnyi pedahohichnyi universytet imeni Hryhoriia Skovorody»: zb. nauk. prats. Pereiaslav-Khmelnytskyi, 2013. Vyp.28. Tom 1. S. 147-152 (ukr).
4. Martyniuk A. P. Suchasni tekhnolohii vyvchennia inozemnoi movy. Kompiuterno-intehrovani tekhnolohii: osvita, nauka, vyrobnytstvo. 2011. Vyp. №4. S. 85-88 (ukr).
5. Metodyka vykladannia inozemnykh mov u serednikh navchalnykh zakladakh: Pidruchnyk. Vyd. 2-e, vypr. ta pererob. / Kol. avtoriv pid kerivn. S. Yu. Nikolaievoi. K. : Lenvit, 2002. 328 s. (ukr).
6. Selivanova O. O. Linhvistychna entsyklopediia. Poltava : Dovkillia-K, 2010. 844 s. (ukr).
7. Khomskiy N. Yazyk i myshleniye / pod red. V. V. Raskyna. Moskva : Yzdvo Mosk. Un-ta, 1972. 122 s. (rus).
8. Shevchenko O. Formy kontroliu movlennievoi kompetentnosti inozemnykh studentiv na zaniattiakh z inozemnoi movy. Zhurnal «ScienceRise: Pedahohichna osvita». 2018. №2 (22). S. 12-16. DOI: 10.15587 / 2519-4984.2018.123951. (ukr).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.